Place of Worship, Community Centre, School
McKim Mead and White's 1927 Casa Italiana, elegantly reconstructed by Italo Rota and Sam White in 1993, is the home of the Academy. . The Italian Academy building ("Casa Italiana") is a neo-Renaissance palazzo built by McKim Mead & White in 1927 and renovated by renowned architects Italo Rota and Samuel G. White, great-grandson of Stanford White. Rental fees vary depending on the event's relevance to the mission of the Italian Academy.Please send inquiry to the Academy's Theater Manager with a brief description of your event:The second-floor Teatro is a magnificent room with four sets of large double glass doors opening to a garden terrace and a facing wall of large windows looking west toward the Columbia campus. It features a stage with a concert grand Steinway piano; a small balcony; a high coffered ceiling with elegant chandeliers; stage and audio/visual equipment; wi-fi internet service, and capability for live web broadcasting. Capacity: 200 peopleDimensions: 51' x 37'The third-floor Library is a welcoming, warm space with wood-paneled walls, antique carpets, and leather upholstery; it offers airy views southward and, to the west, over the Columbia campus. Capacity: 65; dimensions: 60' x 30'.
100% refund if renter cancels more than 7 days before the start of the booking.
No refund if renter cancels less than 7 days before the start of the booking.
To be negotiated and included in a contract agreement.